EDE Center for Dance
Dance Classes for Preschool through Adult
Contemporary, Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Creative Movement, Ballroom, Student Companies
1. Registration: A $40.00 per family registration fee is due at registration, and reoccurs yearly. A $20.00 discount will be given for those attending and registering on announced special registration dates. A $20.00 discount will be given at time of registration for those who elect to pay by automatic billing.
2. Discounts: A 10% discount will be applied when 3 or more classes are taken per family. A 10% discount will be applied when 2 or more students of the same family are enrolled in an EDE student company. All tuition for boys enrolled in ballet will be free (in grades k-12, must be attending ballet regularly).
3. Tuition: Tuition will be due on or before the 1st of each month. Tuition will be due for the months of September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, and May. No tuition is due in June. A prorated amount can be applied for beginning a class mid-month. Tuition may be mailed to EDE Center for Dance, 103 South St., Rochester, MI, 48307. Tuition may also be placed in the lock box located inside each of the studios, or handed to a receptionist.
4. Late Payments: A $20.00 late fee will be applied for late tuition and costume payments. Students will not be allowed to take class if their balance is one month or more overdue. Costume fees must be paid prior to receiving a costume.
5. Refunds: No refunds will be given for tuition, registration, or costume fees. (See #8 below)
6. Returned Checks: A $30.00 charge will be applied for returned checks.
7. Class Changes: The business manager must be notified IN WRITING of all class changes at least 10 days prior to a new month. Drop/Add forms are available.
8. Minimum Enrollment: The EDE Center for Dance reserves the right to cancel a class within the first two weeks of the session if a minimum enrollment is not met. In this case, remaining tuition will be refunded.
9. Environment: Our staff works hard to foster a respectful and family environment at our studios. The EDE Center for Dance has the right to take appropriate and necessary actions including giving time-outs, asking a parent to be present during classes, and the temporary or permanent removal of a student from class.
10. Make-up Policy: a make-up card may be requested for missed classes. The card will allow the student admittance to any other class of the same length. Make-up cards must be used within the session of classes that the class was missed, and may not be transferred to another student.
11. Weather Cancellations: Please subscribe to our blog for notification of cancellations and other studio information. www.ededance.wordpress.com
12. Parent Observations: Parents are invited to observe classes during specified class observation dates. Please check the calendar for these dates.
13. EDE accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. If writing a check, please include student’s name and what the check is for (i.e., November tuition) in the memo.
Tuition: Fall 2013FEES: MONTHLY DROP-IN CLASS CARDS (10 CLASSES)
30 min. $35 $9 $85
45 min. $45 $11.50 $110
60 min. $50 $13 $125
75 min. $55 $15 $140
90 min. $60 $17 $160
Student Company Information
Kids Creating – 1 technique class required each week (ballet preferred) – $150 monthly
M.Y. Move – 2 ballet and 1 contemporary class required each week – $220 monthly
Co-Motion – 2 ballet and 1 contemporary class required each week – $300 monthly
CDE – 3 ballet and 1 contemporary class required each week – $350 monthly
An audition and/or teacher permission is required for all companies.
Students in a company may enroll in as many classes as they would like for the monthly tuition stated above.
Dance Technique Class Protocol
- Come as early as schedules permit to warm-up and prepare for class. Students will not be permitted to participate in class if they are more than 10 minutes late. Stretching and warm-up are so important! Attendance is mandatory for progress to be made in class.
- Do not enter a class (or rehearsal) that is in session without first getting the permission of the instructor. This is for your own safety!
- For ballet, please be standing quietly in place at the barre when the instructor enters the room. For all other dance classes, please be stretching quietly when the instructor enters.
- Students must comply with the EDE Center for Dance Dress Code policy. This includes hair being secured away from the face.
- The proper shoes must be worn for each class. The student may not be permitted to take class if appropriate shoes and attire are not worn. Pink, Split-Sole for girls and Black Split-Sole for boys
- Please no sugary snacks before class. Try to eat healthy ones.
- No gum, food or drinks are allowed in the studios. Water is permitted in a secured container.
- You must let the instructor know before the class begins if you are sick or injured.
- Do not lean on the Ballet Barres. Be attentive to the instructor’s remarks. Be alert to all corrections given to you and others. You will learn much more this way.
- Do not sit, stand or lay on the mats in the studios.
- Do not talk in class. Address any questions to the instructor.
- Except in an emergency, you should not sit down or leave the room without the permission of the instructor.
- In the event of an accident, the instructor will supervise procedures.
- When an exercise has been completed, the student must not immediately “turn off” his/her attention; listen for the instructor’s comments or permission to rest.
- Maintain a zig-zag, staggered formation in the center exercises. This is so everyone may be seen and have enough space to move.
- Change groups quickly, energetically, and maintain straight lines throughout the studio.
- Look good! Groom yourself to feel better, or at least appear better than you may feel.
- Applause is encouraged at the end of a class. This is a sign of appreciation for you and the instructor. You have just completed an excellent class!
Dance Lobby/Studio Protocol
- Be respectful of other classes, the receptionists and the Center Director. No screaming or running around the lobby/studios.
- Help to maintain a nice and clean studio environment by cleaning up after yourself in the lobby, the bathrooms and the studios.
- Keep street shoes, clothing and other belongings in the proper space provided.
- Label all shoes and dance bags with your name so they can be returned to you if left behind at the studio.
EDE Center for Dance Dress Code
The EDE Center for Dance has relationships with two dance apparel stores: Lucy and Ethel’s (Clinton Twp, 586-263-4350) and Barres and Blades (Lake Orion, 248-693-8420). Both stores have a list of what is needed for each EDE Center ballet, contemporary, jazz and/or tap class. Simply inform the store which classes you are enrolled and they will assist you in what to purchase. A discount will be given to EDE Center for Dance students. Both locations also have shoes available.
|Tights: Seamed, ballet pink tights|
|Ballet 1||Leotard: Capezio style CC100, color light blue||Skirt (optional): Capezio, Forget Me Not #1471C|
|Ballet 2||Leotard: Capezio style CC100, color royal blue||Skirt (optional): Capezio, Black #1471C|
|Ballet 3||Leotard: Capezio style CC100, color burgundy||Skirt (optional): Capezio, Burgundy #1471C|
|Ballet 4-5||Leotard: Any solid black leotard||Skirt (optional): Capezio, Black #1471|
|Ballet 6||Leotard: Any solid color leotard||Skirt (optional): Capezio, any color #1471|
|Ballet 1-5||White t-shirt, Capezio black footed tights, black ballet slippers|
|Ballet 6||Any color t-shirt, Capezio black footed tights, black ballet slipper|
Any dance or active-wear, bare feet and/or jazz shoes.
Leotards with footless tights, no shoes
Any dance or athletic wear and All black sneakers (with black soles) or black hip hop shoes
Ballet/Tap and Ballet/Jazz Combo classes
Ladies: Any leotard and tights, ballet slippers, tap shoes and/or jazz shoes Gentlemen: Black shorts or tights and white t-shirt
Leotards with tights
Ladies: Caramel jazz shoes Gentlemen: Black jazz shoes
Leotards with tights, black tap shoes
Recommended Dancewear Retailers:
Lucy and Ethel’s
Barres and Blades
Discount Dance Supply